Hopping into the minds of creators in a virtual universe

Monday, May 26, 2014

Invading Invasion

The Adventure Box was starting to look sad sitting alone in the corner…so it was definitely time to sit inside of it again to enter a whole new adventure! 

We told the Adventure box to take us somewhere BIG and Interactive.



The Adventure Box rattled and shook with loud sounds and spat us out to a place called:

 

HOW WAS IT FOR HIM?

Best descriptive adjectives: Large, Expansive, Jampacked

True veterans of this grid remember fondly the sims that used to be. Amongst them is usually Greenies, the wonderful out-of-this-world sim that shrunk you to the size of a mouse and pitted you against mischievous extraterrestrials. Here on LEA 23, Sniper Siemens was inspired to create a greenies 2.0, with improved graphics and fresh nooks and crannies to discover wonderful little secrets.  

Rumor has it that there is even an underground railroad, but that only the most intrepid of adventurers may find it.
On invasion, you can race different vehicles through a course:

gokarts!.jpg


 
Fly through the air clinging to a cannonball:
 


Admire and explore the nicely built house around you: 



Sit yourself in the middle of a movie scene (all from terrifying films!)

 

and many, many more little adventures that combine to make this place a must-visit.


HOW WAS IT FOR HER?


When we first entered the build Bodie was acting like a little kid in a candy store telling me to try this, try that and and and! I’m starting to recognize a pattern that while he’s jumping around, I need to take it slower to take it all in better. So at first I just bounced around with him to see all the hidden spots that he’s so good at finding and then went back alone to devour the details.
Even though the build is mainly prims and sculpties, it’s really awesome. I think what really impressed me the most is that it’s created by one woman alone and the amount of details and hidden messages it entails.


While most of it is fun like a cool Kart race track, riding a bike, playing games and discovering hidden passages, there are more serious elements to be found as well such as a whole tunnel of photographs of violence, torture, war and political and religious statements.


It’s really interesting to look around and to decipher Sniper Siemens’ message for us with this build!


RATINGS:
1st Impressions?
Kiana: I had my eyes wide open just like I did the first time I entered the Greenies’ home over 6 years ago. I was really excited to see what all was going to be there.

Bodie: I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice-looking giant build for once and I knew it would be a special experience once I saw the quality of the textures and builds.


Interactivity:
Kiana: Tons to do! So so much that you can really spend hours and hours doing stuff.

Bodie: A+ for interactivity here. At every turn there is something neat to do, with the adventurous avatar taken into consideration.


Visuals:
Kiana: I loved looking at things from a totally different perspective here with me being so tiny and everything around me being so huge.

Bodie: Very nice visuals.Time and consideration was clearly put into making this build, and this really shines when exploring the sim.


Suitable for?
Kiana: Anyone! Just wouldn’t recommend the tunnel with the disturbing pictures to sensitive people.
 
Bodie: Maybe this isn’t a romantic place, but it is a surefire hit with anyone you decide to take here. For those who grow bored with a sim that only has one overarching theme, this place offers several activities that are sure to keep you entertained for a long while as you poke behind every corner.

 


INTERVIEW!


Kiana asked the creator, Sniper Siemens a few questions:


Kiana:  What is the purpose of this place? What do you want people to walk away with?

Sniper Siemens: We older avatar had a great fortune. We could see the Greenies Home of Rezzable group. The purpose of this place is  to give a chance to let everyone know about the Greenies Home or at least a similar copy.


K: Why did you decide to do a Tribute to the Greenies?

SS: I decided to do a tribute to the Greenies home because it is one of the few sim that impressed me. It was a real shame to lose it


K: How long did it take for you to build it?

SS: I spent about a month of my time.


K:  It's on a LEA sim, how long is it open for?

SS: The sim will close June 20


K: What kind of feedback do you get from people? Many people must not remember the Greenies.

SS: Firstly the surprise , even those who had the good fortune to see the Greenies home


K: There are surprises all over place and some are hard to find! What would you say are the 'must-sees' on this sim?
SS: I have noticed that many people do not really turn the sim.
The purpose of showing that there are secret places to discover is encourage people to be curious.


K: Who are the 'Mascotte' characters? What is their story?
SS: I could not use the Greenies. I created my personal mascotte. As the greenies even my aliens are curious, messy and funny.


K: I think I found a real life picture of you on the wall. Are you an artist in real life too?

SS: No I am a computer engineer in real life. Second Life is my little artistic side.


K: The build is mainly positive with a lot of fun things to try and do. However, there are some serious elements that make the visitors think as well. Why did you add the pictures of war, death and terrorism on there? What is your message?

SS: At the end of the corridor there is an alien who asks himself  "Who is the alien? Who is the human?" This is a provocation to the human race.
 
There is another provocative detail in the great room. A picture … Do you notice it ?  ehehehe


K: Anything you'd like to say to the readers?

SS: I would say to continue to believe in second life. Often I hear that second life is over.
I have seen so many people still work to create beautiful projects and I believe that this world still has a lot to say.

 


2 comments: